Saturday, April 16, 2011

Guess what! I'm gonna have a schedule!

Okay all you people, I'm gonna start being a little more organized with this blog. I decided this morning that I could probably start doing a weekly schedule for my posts. So here's my plan, first every Saturday you're gonna get a discussion on why one picture is cuter than another, pictures courtesy of thecutest.info, and quantitative cuteness determined by a possibility of 35 points derived from:
Fluffiness - 5
Size (Tinier=better) - 5
Affection - 5
Anthropomorphism – 5
Roundness – 5
Eyes (Bigger=better) – 5
Harmlessness -5
Also, on every Wednesday I will post a commentary on whatever random Wikipedia article that I pull up. I will also randomly intersperse my own rantings, like I have been, but at least I have a basic schedule to keep to. So, without further ado, onto the SATURDAY CUTENESS FACTOR or the SCuF, as I'll call it.

Okay, today's first picture is:



Fluffiness            2
Size (Tinier=better)  3
Affection             3
Anthropomorphism      4
Roundness             2
Eyes (Bigger=better)  1
Harmlessness          4
Total:               19



Explanation of scores:
Fluffiness - 2: Bears a less fluffy than, say, a bunny, however, these are baby bears, and as such they have a bit more fluff than they will will they grow up. Thus, below average in fluffy but higher than nothing.
Size - 3: Size was tough here, is it size in proportion to humans or in proportion to grown bears, in the end I decided to not worry about that and just average it out.
Affection - 3: On the one hand it looks like the cub on the right is giving his brother a piece of food or something, on the other hand, it could be that the one on the right is getting ready to punch his smart-mouthed sibling in his self-righteous stomach (2 points to me for alliteration). In any case, the uncertainty of what's going on give this an average score.
Anthropomorphism - 4: As stated earlier, the bear on the right looks as though he's giving the other on a sandwich, probably either tuna or knuckle. Giving someone a sandwich is a very human-y thing to do, and so, these little cubs score above average on the "I look human-like" scale.
Roundness - 2: Let's get this out of the way, bear cubs aren't round, but the way that one is standing he looks kind of round, so he gets a just below average score.
Eyes - 1: In proportion to their heads, bears have small eyes. these small eyes are not big eyes, and so, a poor score on this one.
Harmlessness - 4: Bears are not harmless, but baby bears are somewhat harmless. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Mama Bear is standing just outside the shot ready to maul this photographer that's stealing her babies' souls, but these baby's are pretty harmless themselves.
So, that brings us to a total score of 19/35


Okay, second picture:



Fluffiness            3
Size (Tinier=better)  5
Affection             3
Anthropomorphism      4
Roundness             4
Eyes (Bigger=better)  0
Harmlessness          4
Total:               23



Explanation time!
Fluffiness - 3: You may look at this and say, "that's not fluffy, it's spikey!" And I say "Well it LOOKS kinda fluffish," And that is why I gave it an average score.
Size - 5: Seriously, do you need an explanation, it so tiny, you can tell!
Affection - 3: I'm not sure exactly what this little baby sonic is doing, but I'm not sure if it's considered "affectionate." Maybe it's asking for a cookie though in the most adorable way possible. On the off-chance that that's what it's doing, I'm giving this thing an average score.
Anthropomorphism - 4: This just looks like something a human baby would do to get a cookie (as mentioned above), or what any human does while yawning, therefore, above average.
Roundness - 4: The only thing that stops this little thing from getting a perfect 5 here is that it is spiny, which takes away slightly from the roundness.
Eyes - 0: I probably would have given this at least an average score, but I can't see the eyes, so they aren't a factor in my calculations.
Harmlessness - 4: The only thing keeping this from being completely harmless is those spikes, they keep getting in his way of a perfect score. Sad.

Anyway, that brings the total to 23 which means that the little yawning hedgehog beats the fighting bears by 4 points, but don't worry baby bears, you still probably beat someone else, even if it's just your brother.

Thank you for reading the SCuF! Hopefully you enjoyed it. Join me on Wednesday when I will discuss the topic of a random Wikipedia article. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment