Thursday, December 16, 2010

What's going on, Man?

I'll tell you what's going on, title. I'm using the internet at a libary (yes, I wrote libary, not library, because I say libary). Why are you using the internet at a libary? Well, random interjected question, it's because I'm a terrible person that steals internets from my neighbor. However, Comcast, my neighbor's internet provider, has decided that to use the internet, I need to verify that the account is mine, which it is not, so I can't use the internet. So I come to the libary. There are many interesting things about using the internet at the libary.

 First thing about libary internets, it's quiet here, which isn't to say it's any different from when I use the internet at home, it just means that as I type the spacebar makes a lot of sound, as well as a few other keys on the keyboard. That makes me feel awkward. Second because I'm in an area with lots of people, I feel like my ridiculously loud clattering on the keyboard is drawing their attention so I constantly have to look to make sure that no one is watching me. Finally, I only have 90 minutes of libary internets time, which, after I check e-mail, Facebook, and take care of other business, means that I only have 60 minutes left to work on things such as this. Which means I'm constantly afraid that as I type this some message will pop up saying, "YOU FOOL, YOU HAVE USED ALL YOUR LIBARY INTERNETS TIME AND YOU MUST PAY FOR EVEN THINKING YOU COULD DO ALL YOU NEEDED IN TIME! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" And then I would cry myself home like the beaten man I would be. . . ooh an ellipsis.

 Anyway, in the end the internet at the libary isn't all that bad, I mean, it's free, so I can't really complain that much. And I suppose I might someday get used to the weird kid that walks just a little too close to me as he checks to see how much more time I have to do all that I'm doing so he can swoop in like a vulture and rip apart the zebra carcass that is his own internet time. Yeah, I can get used to that.

 So, with that I leave all those who have their own internets with my warmest envy. Enjoy your home internets, enjoy that you don't have to rely on a libary to check e-mail or Facebook or whatever you do. I wish I was you, or at least, that I had my own internets.

No comments:

Post a Comment